Tuesday, October 16, 2012

365/290 Dining room wall is complete

It took less than a week to complete. The painting was not as bad as you would think. I love it; I’m so glad I stuck to it. I used the wall color mixed with white paint so it blended in better. It is not perfect but hard to see the mistakes unless you are looking for them.

10162012
The pictures look amazing and I'm so happy at the way they turned out.
I was planning on doing engineer prints from Staples like this, this, this and this but that proved to be a bad idea for me. Staples Engineer printer printed with a large white steak down the right side {why would they not get this fixed I have no idea} and Office max refuse to print anything other than blueprints on their engineer printer because “it would use too much ink”.
Okay I was bummed and ready to throw in the towel. Then I remembered that I could get better quality prints in a poster and I had the perfect place to get them from, Short Run Posters.
I just made them the size I wanted in PSE and cut the extra away and mounted them on black foam core board I picked up from Wal-Mart. I used scraps of the foam core glued to the back to build them up to resemble canvas print. The hardest part was picking which picture to use!
poster kids
Related Posts with Thumbnails